Landscape Architecture Magazine (LAM) is the monthly publication of the American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA) and as such promotes their mission “to lead, to educate, and to participate in the careful stewardship, wise planning, and artful design of our cultural and natural environments.”1
Landscape Architecture Magazine was founded over a century ago in 1910, eleven years after the ASLA was formed.2 Now, as a full color, glossy photographic magazine with regular columns and features, it is published in print and digital formats and reaches more than 60,000 readers with their average reader having over 20 years of experience in the field of landscape architecture.3 Written for landscape architects, it focuses on their successes, ASLA award-winning projects, issues within their industry, products of interest, and new trends, research, and policies in the profession.4
After an opening editorial, LAM is divided into three segments: Foreground, Features, and The Back. Both the Foreground and The Back segments have regular columns about products, relevant books, new research and trends, current policy issues, practical guides, and an ad index and buyer's guide index. The Features segment delves in depth into several specific projects through text explanation, diagrams, drawings, and photographs.
At the end of each year LAM publishes the LAM Product Directory of companies, products, and services for the landscape architect professional.5
- 1. “Mission.” American Society of Landscape Architects. < http://www.asla.org/MissionStatement.aspx > 14 April 2013.
- 2. “About Us.” Landscape Architecture Magazine. < http://landscapearchitecturemagazine.org/about-us/ > 14 April 2013.
- 3. “Landscape Architecture Magazine Advertising.” American Society of Landscape Architects. < http://www.asla.org/ads/LAM_advertising.html > 6 May 2013.
- 4. “FAQs.” Landscape Architecture Magazine. < http://landscapearchitecturemagazine.org/about/faqs/ > 14 April 2013.
- 5. “Product Directory.” Landscape Architecture Magazine. < http://landscapearchitecturemagazine.org/product-directory/ > 14 April 2013.